The Graduate Research Office – what we do
The Graduate Research Office (GRO) is a central administrative structure of support for research students and manages all research student processes from application through to award. In this way, it provides a consistent high quality support service for research students across the University.
As well as managing research student administration, the GRO brings postgraduate researchers together from a wide variety of disciplines into one community for a range of development opportunities and mentoring. In this way, the GRO provides our postgraduate researchers with the optimum environment for them to reach their full potential during their early research career. The GRO also enhances the opportunities for multidisciplinary research by crossing discipline boundaries by maximizing the use of facilities within the Postgraduate Centre for event delivery.
- A one-stop shop for advice and guidance on the University regulations pertaining to research degrees
- Managing research student processes from application through to award
- Supporting research students, supervisors, examiners and viva chairs
- Providing a calendar of events and training for postgraduate research students and early career researchers
- Training for research supervisors, examiners and viva chairs
- Engages with our cadre of experienced research staff to deliver credible, high quality skills development opportunities
- A dedicated and consistent point of contact independent of faculties